- Online and distance learning, Education psychology,
- Education technology,
- Intelligent and Interactive Technologies in an Educational Context,
- Collaborative Learning in Online Environments,
- Models of Teaching and Learning,
- Evaluation on learning and teaching,
- Simulation on learning and teaching,
- Inequity and inequality in education.
[Regular]"Do you Learn 'Waste': The Effect of Humorous Text on Learning Outcomes in Intelligent Tutoring" by Xinjie Xie
July 31 (CDT) 9:30 PM-10:00 PM
August 1 (BJT) 10:30 AM-11:00 AMAugust 1 (CET) 4:30 AM-5:00 AM
Xinjie Xie and Xiangen Hu
The COVID-19 outbreak is a huge challenge to the education system. As a way of coping, online remote learning is more popular in the world. In such a special period, students with different learning stages and abilities are also faced with different mental health status and psychological needs(Daniel, 2020), the asynchronous learning model is more suitable for the situation. Intelligent tutor systems(ITSs), like AutoTutor, are a more personalized one-to-one online learning platform based on AI development, and text is one of the important learning materials of ITS. Some evidence suggests that humor is beneficial to both traditional classroom and online learning, as well as that humorous text is more appealing to individuals. The results of this experiment will reveal the different effects of learning materials of humorous and non-humorous text on students' critical thinking learning.