- Online and distance learning, Education psychology,
- Education technology,
- Intelligent and Interactive Technologies in an Educational Context,
- Collaborative Learning in Online Environments,
- Models of Teaching and Learning,
- Evaluation on learning and teaching,
- Simulation on learning and teaching,
- Inequity and inequality in education.
[Regular]"Dialogue-Based Intelligent Tutoring System for Mathematical Modeling in Regression Analysis" by Hsiao-Yun Huang
July 31 (CDT) 9:00 PM-9:30 PM
August 1 (BJT) 10:00 AM-10:30 AMAugust 1 (CET) 4:00 AM-4:30 AM
Hsiao-Yun Huang, Min-Yi Tseng, and Pei-Wen Lin
Mathematical modeling is an ability that has been widely valued in recent years. Take the United States as an example. In the Common Core State Standards Initiative for K-12 announced by CCSSO (Council of Chief State School Officers) and NGA Center (The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices) in 2010, mathematical modeling is one of the eight mathematical practice standards for mathematics education. In addition to the detailed statements of various mathematical standards, the initiative also proposed six key areas of overall K12 mathematics education. Mathematical modeling is also one of them, which shows the importance of mathematical modeling.